Monday, December 13, 2010

Breckenridge Christmas Ale


Brewery: Breckenridge Brewery
Location: Denver, Colorado
Beer Name: Christmas Ale
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 7.4%

I was lucky enough to come across this beer while walking through a distributer in New Jersey. I picked up a six pack, not knowing exactly what a 'Christmas' beer would taste like. The thoughts I had ranged from "Will it be like a Starbucks Christmas drink where it will have a distinct taste of peppermint or gingerbread?" to "I wonder if it's just a regular beer with a 'Christmas Ale' label glued to the front."

After letting it chill, I finally popped one open and poured it into a pint glass, as I usually do. I was pleasantly surprised. While there were no minty tastes as Christmas foods usually have, this ale definitely belongs with the holidays.

The 7.4% ABV may seem a little on the higher side, but this beer isn't one for a marathon night. This is a beer to be enjoyed while sitting around with some friends enjoying the snowy weather and companionship during the cheery season.

And for the beer review purists out there, the beer pours a deep brown, slight reddish color. Don't expect this tidbit to be with every review. I tend to find it a little weird and I may not actually be saying the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment